As you all know Nothing Phone 1 has launched in the widespread market. And it’s quite difficult for a new smartphone brand to take a place among the top competitors. Nothing has a lot of hype in this year 2022
Looks and Overview:
The nothing phone has an aluminum body, and a flat frame and gives a vibe similar to iPhone. It has a secondary noise-cancellation microphone. In-display fingerprint scanner. At the bottom, we get a speaker, a type C port, and a sim slot.
The slot has dual nano sim slots and no space for a micro SD card.
- 6.55” FHD + 10-bit OLED Display [120Hz Refresh], HDRI 10+ with 500 nits (normal) and 1200 nits max brightness
- 1080X2400 pixels, 20:9 STB ratio [402 PPI density]
- Snapdragon 778G Processor [ Octa-core, 6nm]
- 8/12 GB RAM [LPDDR5 RAM]
- 128/256 GB Storage [ UFS 3.1]
- 12 Bands of 5G
- Dual Nano Sim
- Gorilla glass 5 [ Dual front and back]
- dual Rear Camera 50 MP IMX766 [f1.8, OIS]
- 50 MP Samsung JN1 sensor [ Ultrawide Camera]
- Front Camera 16 MP [ f2.4, IMX471]
- 4500 mAh battery [22w charging]
- 15W Wireless Charging/ 5w Reverse
- Multiple LED lights on the back for notifications, charging, and camera
- Stereo Speakers, Bluetooth 5.2
- NFC, 4×4 MIMO, IP 53 Rated [water, dust, and splash resistant]
- 8.3mm thickness, 193 grams
- Android 12
- Software versions – Nothing OS
Most of the users like its build quality which is a flat body and ability to stand vertically which makes it easy to hold in hands and feels like a Flagship. The Glyph interface is incredible and can be used in many ways with customizable features in Glyph mode. The model dual camera has different lighting patterns for ringtones, messages, and other notifications.
The phone has a clean UI experience (Stock Android) fast and no bloatware, which makes this smooth and fluid and keeps away unwanted apps. The speakers are decent. And yes, It doesn’t have any bass or Dolby speaker like other flagships have, although it’s a mid-range device.
Still, some users claim to have a green or black screen problem with their phones. Might be this is a software problem but the company is still working on their Nothing OS improving it and giving updates to fix it. Some users can also be upset because of no 3.5mm headphone jack or radio. Of course, it’s a new brand so might be it take time for Nothing to improve these problems.
The recycled aluminum body could be better in durability. Its Gyph LED lights impress most of users. You can also use this as a notification and charging status(the light bar will go up to show the charging process). The handset comes in the only black and white edition. Most of the Indian users getting only the black variant might be the white one is a limited edition or will stock soon.
Qualcomm snapdragon 778G is capable to handle high-end games at a smooth performance(not comparable to 8th Gen processors). Performance may vary from processor to processor like Galaxy A53 in this range. Otherwise, there are no other problems with the phone. Also, the dual camera quality and image stabilization are the best in this range including low-light and selfies. Nothing is still trying to make their Nothing Phone 1 the best smartphone brand in the market by ensuring the handset gives full satisfaction to users for the price they pay. Users now getting security updates. The whole entire community is managing to make Nothing Phone 1 the best in this segment. The company will not plan to launch the next phone until this one gets successful.